Talk about mangoes and you would see a bright smile on your kid’s face. And why just kids, this mouth-watery fruit is the favorite fruit of pretty much everyone. Isn’t it?
And quite rightly they are called the king of all fruits.
Talking of mangoes, I fondly remember one of my friends and her daughter who would eagerly wait for summers to arrive so they could enjoy a whole lot of healthy and refreshing mango drinks.
If you are a mango lover too, you would know that there are a variety of drinks you can prepare with this delicious pulpy fruit. So whether it’s the tangy raw mango or a fully ripe mango you must try the taste of fresh mango drinks this summer.
Healthy and Refreshing Mango Drinks for Kids and Adults
Today I am going to share 5 refreshing mango drinks you can enjoy in summer.
1. Mango Shake – Mango Drinks
First on our list is a Mango Shake. It is undoubtedly the most delightful of all shakes and comes with essential nutrients like iron, protein, and beta-carotene.
One of the key advantages of drinking mango shake is that it increases the number of red blood cells in our body as it includes both milk and mango.
How to make Mango Shake
- Refrigirate the mangoes overnight and peel and chop them the next morning
- Add these chopped mangoes into the blender
- Now add milk and sugar. You can completely skip adding sugar if you want the natural sweet taste of the mango shake. Other alternatives to sugar are honey and sugarfree.
- Blend all the ingredients to form a creamy mixture. Ensure that there are no remains of the mango chunks.
- Pour the mixture in a glass and garnish it with dryfruits
- Your taste mango shake is ready to be served
2. Aam Panna – Mango Drinks
For decades, Aam Panna has been a favorite drink in most Indian households. Made with green unripe mangoes, Aam Pana is a tangy drink with a little bit of sweetness. The most well-known and scientifically proven health advantage of Aam Panna is that it protects the body from the scorching heat of summer.
How to make Aam Panna
- Take 2 unripe green mangos and put them in a pressure cooker
- Now add about 2 cups of normal water and cover the lid. Wait for 5 whistles and let the mangoes cook
- After this, you need to take out the mangoes and scrape the mango pulp. Carefully add the mango pulp into a blender
- Besides this, add half teaspoon cardamom, half a cup of sugar, 3/4 teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon pepper powder
- Blend them well to form a smooth aam panna concentrate.
- Now to make a glass of aam panna, take 2 tablespon of this concentrate and add it in a glass
- Pour cold water on it and stir it well
- Add fresh mint leaves to give the flavor
- Your tasty aam panna is ready to be served.
3. Mango Mastani – Mango Drinks
Mango Mastani is a thick mango drink that originated in Maharashtra, in the city of Pune. This city is well-known for being home to the world-famous Alphonso mangoes.
Simply make a thick mango milkshake and serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or mango ice cream. If you like then consider adding lots of nuts on the top. Your delicious Mango Mastani is ready.
How to make Mango Mastani
- Refrigirate the mangoes and peel anc chop them once they are cool
- Add these chopped mangoes, half litre milk and 2 tablespoon sugar and blend them in a blender
- Now take the mixture out and add it in a glass
- Top it up with 1 spoon of vanilla ice cream
- You can also garnish it with dry fruits, berry and tutti frutti
- Your Mango Mastani drink is ready to be served
4. Mango Lassi – Mango Drinks
We reach out to our favorite drink when the weather gets unbearably hot. This chilled drink is full of probiotics. The nice and intense taste of mangoes makes it a firm summer favorite.
How to make Mango Lassi
- Add 2-3 freshly chopped mangoes into a blender
- Now add 4 to 5 tablespoon of sugar (or honey) and half tablespoon cardamom powder
- Blend it well and make a smooth mixture
- Now in the same blender, add 2 cups of cold curd or yogurt. If you want to make it less thick then add some water in it too
- Now blend the mixture once again and pour it in a glass
- You can give it an extra zing by adding some nuts and a few strands of saffron on the top
- Your Mango Lassi is ready to be served
5. Mango Smoothie – Mango Drinks
Get an instant energy boost with this delicious mango smoothie which is loaded with rich fibers, protein, and probiotics in each serving. This refreshing and creamy drink can be made in just a few minutes.
You’ll feel like you’re on a tropical island after just one sip.
How to make Mango Smoothie
- First, Peel and chop 2 mangoes and 2 bananas
- Now add them into a blender and
- On top of it, add dry figs (anjeer). However, if the dry figs are too hard then or chewy then its best recommended to soak them in hot water for about 30 to 40 minutes so that they are soft and ready to be blended
- Blend all the ingredients till they make a smoothy mixture
- Now add the mixture in a glass and garnish it with dryfruits and mint leaves
- Your delicious Mango Smoothie is ready to be served
A few words from CityMom
Mango drinks are the perfect delight to enjoy in the hot and humid summer months. The best part about mango drinks is that they are delicious in all forms and are so easy to make.
So this summer beat the heat by trying these healthy, soothing, and delicious mango drinks.
And wait, besides this if you have some guests visiting or you want to try something special for the house party then try these tempting mango mocktails for summers.
Summers bring a lot of healthy as well as tasty options for kids. If your kids are done with mangoes and you are looking for other healthy alternatives then here are a few healthy drinks for kids that regulate their body temperature and improve brain function.